List of Ways I DON’T Want to Die

Yes, you read that right…I actually have a LIST of ways I don’t want to die. Call me weird (I would rather think of myself as creative and someone who has seen way too many movies) but I did write this stuff down so hopefully you’ll find it as eye-opening and somewhat hilarious as I do ๐Ÿ˜€
ย
To clarify, after the first 5, they aren’t in any particular order. After my first worst ways to die, I just sort of starting keeping track of any I would see or any that would just sort of pop into my head. And believe me, some of these are NOT meant to be there! ๐Ÿ˜€
Click on the photos or links for more information!!!

1) Getting eaten by an animal (and by that I mean bears, big cats, crocs, or really big anacondas)

2) Pyroclastic flow (those people at Pompeii didnโ€™t die peacefully folks!)

3) fire

4) drowning

5) being autoclaved (if you donโ€™t what this is, click here)

6) being stuck in a tank with a strong acid or base (It BURNS!!!!!!!)

7) being pulled in two with two semi trucks (I saw it in a movie once)

8 ) having my head dunked into liquid nitrogen then having it smashed (saw this in a movie too)

9) being tied down naked with chunks of dry ice burning through my flesh (thought of this one while working in a lab)

10) getting stung by a box jelly fish (they may be tiny but they’re potent little SOBs!!!)

11) getting bit by the funnel web spider (these little sons-of-bitches can bite through a toenail. There’s no reason for fangs that big!!!!)

12) getting bit by the brown snake (never EVER going to Australia since the previous three things I mentioned all live there)

13) the rack (click here if you donโ€™t know what this is)

14) drawing and quartering (most people should know what this is, but click here in case you donโ€™t. Since I am a direct descendant of Charlemagne, they could potentially do this to me…if they still did this. They don’t, do they???????)

15) the pear of anguish (this is the most sick and twisted thing ever)

16) the bends (imagine your blood stream acting like the fizzies when you open a bottle of soda)

17) any sort of brutal murder (I donโ€™t want to go out like that)

18) car accident (I have always had a fear of this)

19) falling to your death from a great height (ever seen Cliffhanger? Just sayinโ€™)

20) being pecked to death by birds (Thank you, Mr. Hitchcock)

21) the head crusher (another medieval torture device)

22) impalement (Vlad the Impaler perfected this technique)

23) Judas Cradle (the people that designed these devices are just twisted)

24) hit by lightning

25) electrocuted (sort of similar to lightning but I don’t think it would be the same experience so therefore it is given it’s own number)

26) getting smashed in a trash compacter (***shudder***)

27) falling into a combine (I have never actually been around one so hopefully this one is very unlikely)

28) starving to death

29) choking to death (I choked once on a giant glob of peanut butter)

30) having molten gold poured on my head (George RR Martin is one sick puppy!)

31) burning to death in a tanning bed (I know I have fire but this isnโ€™t really the same thing…)

32) pretty much anything in the Saw movies (seriously…)

33) salt poisoning (what happens when you drink salt water)

34) getting run over by a lawnmower (thanks to Stephen King for making this fear a reality)

35) being crushed in a cave in

I’m quite sure my list will grow and expand as more twisted and strange things enter my brain ๐Ÿ˜€ When I get another 35, I’ll do another blog post!

Tags: , , , , ,

21 Comments on “List of Ways I DON’T Want to Die”

1. Cas Peace December 9, 2011 at 7:03 am #

What I’d REALLY like to see, Shay, is a list of ways you DO want to die!! Or are you worried someone will take you up on one of them…??
    Fun list! I will have to start one of my own. Hmmm… *feels nightmares coming on*

• shayfabbro December 9, 2011 at 8:15 am #

ROFL! Someone just might! I actually have a few more to add though so I’ll have to post something down the road ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Kristin McFarland February 14, 2012 at 8:51 am #

I’m going to save this as a list of things to do to annoying characters. ๐Ÿ˜€

• shayfabbro February 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm #

PMSL! Nice Kristin!! ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Liv Rancourt February 14, 2012 at 8:57 am #

I didn’t even make it half way through. Good grief! What a list…

• shayfabbro February 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

I add to the list whenever I watch a scary movie or learn about some new spider or snake that can kill you…

4. Sharon Clare February 14, 2012 at 8:59 am #

Interesting post! I once looked up unusual ways to die for one of my character. She suffered death by sheep. They tossed her off a cliff.

• shayfabbro February 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

HAHAHAHA! I might have to add that to my list ๐Ÿ˜€

5. April Ross Plummer February 14, 2012 at 9:02 am #

OMG, so funny! I mean, not really. I have to agree with you on all of those. Then again, who wants to die at all? We all want to die peacefully in our sleep, of course! #1 and 3 are my husband’s top choices of how NOT to die. Ironically, we had this conversation over the weekend. Drowning would be my #1.

• shayfabbro February 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

I’m glad there are others out there that have morbid conversations like this! ๐Ÿ˜€

6. D.B. Smyth (@DB_Smyth) February 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Hahaha! Love this! Way more thorough than mine. Maybe I should think this through a little more, lol. Thanks for the laugh!

7. Rabia February 14, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

I’d hate to die by being sucked out of an airlock in space. Or by being dropped on Venus or Jupiter or Pluto without a spacesuit. Or by being vaporized by the sun.

Yeah, there are a lot of nasty ways to die.

• shayfabbro February 14, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

Hehehehe! And the more movies you see and books you read, the list keeps growing and growing! ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Brimag February 15, 2012 at 9:01 am #

I can’t say I ever put that much thought into it, but I have to say I agree with you. I always thought fire would be at the top of my list, but some of those are pretty gruesome. I might have to move being eaten by an animal to the top. Thought-provoking topic. ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Adriana Ryan February 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

OMG LOL! I love finding someone else as morbid as me. Although, I’ve heard drowning lulls you into a sense of peace… But WTF is up with that spider?! Seriously? Why does that thing even exist?! Gaaaaaahhh!

• shayfabbro February 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

ROFLMAO!!! It’s fun to be morbid, eh??? ๐Ÿ˜€ And that spider is a total freak of nature. It’s just not right!!

10. Patricia Caviglia February 16, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

I really like you but you scare me. Maybe it’s because I keep my list in my head.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. My Fear of Spiders | Dr. Shay Fabbro: Author of Scifi and Fantasy - January 20, 2012

[…] and I already knew about at least three of their deadliest critters. I actually blogged about it here in my post about the list of ways I don’t want to die (yes, there IS an actual list!). ย  The […]

2. Round-Up « Kristin McFarland - February 15, 2012

[…] Fabbro’s list of ways she doesn’t want to die may give me nightmares. On the other hand, it’s a great list of cruel things to do to […]

3. List of Ways I DON’T Want to Die, Part 2 | Dr. Shay Fabbro: Author of Scifi and Fantasy - May 18, 2012

[…] recently added to it so I figured it was maybe time to do another post. For the first 35, click here and see what you […]