What’s so Funny About Eggplant?

Do you ever have one of those moments where you recall a song, movie line, etc that is tied in to something in the real world and no matter how many times you’ve seen/heard it, you laugh or feel some other emotion? This happens to me every time I see an eggplant in the grocery store.

Every time I pick up that purple vegetable, I crack a smile, or sometimes laugh out loud. I swear it’s like a Pavlovian response. what even more hilarious is the looks I get from people. You can almost read their thoughts: “What the hell is so funny about an eggplant? Is she thinking dirty thoughts? Is she just plain crazy? Have some weird eggplant fetish?”

It’s none of the above actually.

What causes my reaction is a scene from the movie Coneheads. I remember the first time I saw this I about peed myself laughing. And even though I have seen this movie about 167 times, it keeps getting funnier every time I see it!

Oops, that was a Beetlejuice moment…sorry.

Tags: , , , ,

9 Comments on “What’s so Funny About Eggplant?”

1. Laird Sapir February 28, 2012 at 9:09 am #

Ha! I had forgotten about that movie. Classic.
    I can’t think about Groundhog day without laughing because of the movie. Specifically, every time that Groundhog day rolls around I think about the scene in which Bill Murray kidnaps the Groundhog and drives him over the cliff. Funniest. Scene. Ever.

• shayfabbro February 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

HAHAHAHA! I love that movie too!!!!!! 😀

2. Patricia Caviglia February 28, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

I have never seen this movie but that scene was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

• shayfabbro February 29, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Oh my gosh, you HAVE to see this movie! It’s hilarious!!!!

3. corajramos February 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Funny–what a kick.

4. Sherry Isaac March 1, 2012 at 9:58 am #

A missed 80’s moment. (How does the shopper behind Jane Curtain stay so calm?) Love eggplant, love the colour of eggplant, and now I can love to laugh at eggplant. Thanks, Shay!

• shayfabbro March 1, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

You’ll never look at it the same again! 😀

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Let Me Break It Down For You - Laird Sapir - February 28, 2012

[…] Shay Fabbro brings us a dose of 80′s Movie Humor: (and you know I love the […]