Who Was Your First Crush?

Ahhh, it’s spring and love is in the air!

And with all of nature in full bloom, it got me thinking about that first blossom of love that we felt when we were younger. You know the feeling:  your heart goes pitter-pat, your palms get all sweaty, all of a sudden you’re tongue-tied, you grow two left feet in the span of 0.5 seconds, and if this special someone actually spoke to you, you’d either faint, run, or throw up.

Usually this first love (aka crush) happens during middle or high school, although there can be a much less intense version that occurs during elementary school. However, this usually ends up with the little boy pushing the little girl down and she quickly changes her mind. It takes a certain maturity level (and yes, I say this with all sarcasm) to be able to really understand your feelings enough to get a serious crush on.

I explore this idea in my YA series, Adventures of Alexis Davenport. Alex meets the boy of her dreams on her first day at her new school. Not too shabby, eh? He’s blonde, tall, and just the most gorgeous thing she’s ever seen! Best of all? He likes her favorite band!

*Cue angels singing*

She is convinced that they are meant to be together.

Thing is, he really doesn’t even know she exists, except when he needs help with homework. *rolls eyes* Isn’t that how it always goes? And to make matters worse, he’s dating the head cheerleader, who torments Alex every chance she gets.

*facepalm*

So what’s a poor girl to do? Pine away in silence? Bide her time, hoping he will figure out how perfect they are for each other? Forget him and move on?

Who was your first crush? How old were you when you first spotted he/she from across the room? Did anything ever come of it? I’d LOVE to hear from you!

Leave a comment for your chance to win a free e-book copy of Dangerous Reflections!

Of course, Alex has much more on her plate than just boys 😉

She’s dealing with an absentee father, living in her aunt’s guesthouse, and traveling through time.

Check out Dangerous Reflections, and Twisted Reflections, books one and two of the Adventures of Alexis Davenport series to see how Alex handles all of the craziness in her life!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments on “Who Was Your First Crush?”

1. EllieAnn April 30, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

SUMMER CAMP! Ah, summer camp. My first crush was on Taylor, the boy with sparkling blue eyes who was a really good swimmer. I was in 8th grade, and I can honestly say he was my first crush because I didn’t even notice guys before then. But alas, Taylor asked out my best friend. *sob!* and that was the end of that. 😉

• shayfabbro April 30, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Ouch! Hate it when they do that!

2. cpbialois April 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

I wouldn’t call it a crush exactly, but Daisy Duke helped me through puberty. Thanks to her other girls didn’t matter until junior high. Then it was Colleen Angstadt, the best looking girl in our school. lol

3. Angel Robertson April 30, 2012 at 9:00 pm #

For me, it was Brett Riggs…he was tall and blonde with these piercing blue eyes that just melted me…he would sit across the class room, and just stare at me…ME??! I was NOT by any means the typical hot chick at school…But he liked me…we dated for a short time, and he broke it off with me because he was being pursued by the “hot chicks” at school…the chicks that ALL of the guys wanted…at least he was honest with me…our paths crossed again after all this time, in August 2011…and it was like time had stood still…when I saw him in that restaurant…it was like all of the air was sucked out of my lungs, like a back draft…he was as beautiful as ever…after 25 years he still had the same effect on me…. the confessed that often wondered how his life would have been different had he made different decisions regarding me. We became close again… he called me his Angel (long story)…and now I have discovered he is MY Angel…Brett passed away June 19, 2011 from esophegeal cancer…and the reason for my going into the nursing field, and the reason I live each day to the fullest…

• shayfabbro May 1, 2012 at 7:52 am #

What an amazing story! *tears* I come across people like that am just have to feel blessed that I got to know them 🙂

• Angel May 1, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

I see a few typos…it was August 2010 that our paths crossed again.