Why is She Buying THAT Stuff?

Food coloring, cat litter, shower curtain, and lawn lights…hmmmmm…

Mondays are actually one of my favorite days of the week. No, seriously! Stop laughing! I don’t have classes so I can sleep in as long as I want (which I usually don’t), enjoy my morning coffee without having to rush to get ready for work, I can watch DS9 all damn day if I want, work on the current novel, work on lecture notes, read, clean house, catch up on laundry, and run errands. It’s nice to have a day during the week to do stuff like this.

Today was errand running day. I had to go by and get the oil changed in the Tracker (Chevy, not Geo), mail a copy of Dangerous Reflections to a contest winner, obtain a PO box, buy some shoes for Camp Hope, get a new Bible (True Identity for Women), crystal growing kit from a cool toy store on Main Street (for my costume for ComicCon), and getting a few things from the store.

Which brings us to my strange array of items in the cart ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hubby needs aย  new shower curtain in his bathroom since he refuses to use anything but man soap, which as any women knows, leaves nasty soap scum everywhere. I think the reason why men use body wash is because their wives force them to to keep from having to scrub the damn shower every other day ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  I also needed some kitty litter and wanted to get some food coloring in case I decide to grow my own sugar crystals for the costume. As I entered the store, the lawn lights called to me. At only 97 cents each, how could I refuse?

All of the items taken separately don’t really mean anything and are not very funny. However, put them into a cart without knowledge of why the person is getting such an odd array of items can be quite amusing. Especially when your brain begins to conjure up all sorts of reasons why they bought all those things at once. Thereย couldย be something sinister about these items, especially when your imagination gets to going crazy! Just ask any writer and they’ll tell you that seemingly innocent items can often wield the most gruesome results ๐Ÿ˜‰

What strange things have you ever noticed in someone’s cart? What is the oddest combination of items you have ever purchased together? I’d love to hear from you!

Tags: , , ,

10 Comments on “Why is She Buying THAT Stuff?”

1. Pavarti K Tyler April 30, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

I think this is the perfect opportunity for a brilliant practical joke on said husband…

• shayfabbro April 30, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

HAHAHAHA! I like the way you think ๐Ÿ˜€

2. kayostheory April 30, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

Here is where I have to defend your husband – it’s not his soap causing the scum in the tub, it is hard water. Water softener will fix that right up ๐Ÿ˜‰

• shayfabbro April 30, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

I only have to clean my shower once a month so the hard water theory doesn’t work here ๐Ÿ˜€ The only difference is that I use my girly body wash (no soap in it actually) and he uses Zest ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Debra Kristi April 30, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

I am often that person with an odd assortment of goods in the basket. I make my list of things from all over the map and go all at once for everything. I’ve thought about what must be going through the checkers mind many times as I’m being rung up. It’s too funny. I must say, you are organized if you are planning for the July Comic Con already. I would be scrambling in June if I dressed up. I’ll be going as myself. ๐Ÿ˜

• shayfabbro May 1, 2012 at 7:51 am #

I am so excited to dress up!! At GalaxyFest, my friend and I (also an author) felt out of place since we didn’t dress up. We won’t be making the same mistake at the ComicCon ๐Ÿ˜€

• Debra Kristi May 1, 2012 at 10:20 am #

There are a lot of people who don’t dress up at Comic Con. So you can feel comfortable either way. I have been attending CC for years. You’ll enjoy it if this is your first time.

• Debra Kristi May 1, 2012 at 10:20 am #

4. Elizabeth Fais April 30, 2012 at 11:19 pm #

I like to look in people’s shopping carts at the grocery store. Sometimes I say to myself “I want to go home with that person” because it looks like they are going to cook a really awesome meal. But, of course, I NEVER say that outloud. ๐Ÿ˜€

• shayfabbro May 1, 2012 at 7:53 am #

ROFL!!! Unlike our characters, which would do so and then start some really awesome mischief…