What’s the Funniest Warning Label YOU’VE Ever Seen?

I got a new sunshade for the ol’ SUV a few weeks ago (the old one had to be thrown away due to nasty chicken leakage…*shudder*) and I just tossed it in the back seat without a second thought. This last Sunday, when I was out with my mom doing the weekly grocery shopping, I happened to notice the warning label on the sunshade.

HUH??!!??

Now, I know that in this day and age, things like this really shouldn’t surprise me but that whole incident with the hot coffee from McDonald’s has thrown this country into a sue-happy craze akin to teenagers trying to get the last ticket to a Taylor Swift concert. It’s ridiculous and more than a little frightening!

*facepalm*

I mean…seriously??? If you have to warn people not to drive with the shade in the windshield, they should probably not be driving. Or at the very least be forced to drive off a cliff and take themselves out of the gene pool because they should CERTAINLY not be breeding!

Okay, that last part was a joke…sort of πŸ˜‰

What’s the funniest, most ridiculous warning label you’ve ever seen? Share a pic of you got it! I’d love to hear from you!!!

Tags: , , ,

14 Comments on “What’s the Funniest Warning Label YOU’VE Ever Seen?”

1. stevenluna May 9, 2012 at 9:24 am #

My favorite funny label (not a warning) was a sticker on a bakery item: The Moistest (sic) Cake You’ve Ever Tasted. Apparently while I wasn’t paying attention, “moist” became a flavor. That description comes up a lot now. (And yeah, it was pretty moist…but still)

• shayfabbro May 9, 2012 at 9:26 am #

ROFL!!!! I need to add “moist” as another taste when I teach anatomy

2. hmcmullin May 9, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Where to begin in this idiotic age of “sue, sue, sue”? I can’t figure out how to include one in my reply but one of the funniest I’ve run across is “Danger. Do Not Hold the Wrong End of A Chain Saw.”

• shayfabbro May 9, 2012 at 9:27 am #

HAHAHAHAHA! *falls out of chair* Okay, that is seriously awesome!!!! Makes you wonder if they are protecting themselves or if someone actually DID it and they now have to warn against it

3. Eva Rieder May 9, 2012 at 11:36 am #

Clearly the world it getting messy with the kind of warning labels we’re issuing. How about this one? I took this photo in a rental Jeep in Aruba (hopefully the link works…): https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/E6lnnTnQH_N81khWBKqlnutBwZ-MaDS4mcKhZKO-7oM?feat=directlink

• shayfabbro May 9, 2012 at 11:46 am #

That’s a good one! LOL Makes you shake your head though, right??? Like they actually have to explain that???

• Eva Rieder May 11, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Right? And yet it’s still funny. πŸ™‚

• violafury May 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Funny, but with a wince! πŸ˜€

• violafury May 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

We are seriously behind the I.Q. curve if we need this kind of warning. However, I would have nothing to laugh at if the human race didn’t have a fair amount of stupid. Thanks for the laugh, Eva.

• Eva Rieder May 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

No problem. My friend and I spent a good solid minute laughing before we whipped out the camera. Good vacation times…

4. Rabia May 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

I like the ones on children’s medicines: “Do not operate heavy machinery after taking.” My 3yo shouldn’t be operating heavy machinery under any circumstances!

Though, to be fair to the label writers, sometimes adults take those medicines–I was told to once by a nurse when I was pregnant and sick with something nasty and utterly miserable because of it. But it still is funny. πŸ™‚

• shayfabbro May 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

HAHA! I totally drove tractors when I was 3…

5. violafury May 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Two of my favorites: 1) The famous “Do Not Eat” on one of those miniature barrels you find in aspirin and other medicine bottles. 2) My favoritest favorite: “Cape does not allow wearer to fly” on a Batman costume cape.

• shayfabbro May 11, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Oh HELL no! I was gonna try out my shiny cape this afternoon! Maybe the warning label isn’t really serious…maybe I really can fly!

πŸ˜‰