Can I Pray For You?

Our pastor gave such a great sermon today. He’s been talking the last two weeks about how we as a church can really get out there are start “doing the stuff”. Mainly spreading God’s love through ministering to others. He asked us all to reach out to those in the work place, neighbors, family, friends. As we closed in prayer I thought of a unique way I might be able to reach people who just need to know that someone cares about them and is willing to lend a loving ear.

Or even pray.

Hubby and I pray multiple times a day together (mainly dinner and bedtime but at other times when we feel compelled to thank God for his many blessings or to pray for someone) and we each add people to our prayers that we know need some love and grace in their lives. I pray for those I know in real life and those I know from Facebook and Twitter. If someone posts that they are having a bad day, in financial crisis, having issues with spouse/kids/family/work/etc, I add them to my prayer list. Prayer is powerful and I’ve seen first-hand what it can do. I’m a firm believer in Christ and my heavenly Father and know that they only want the best for me. I may not understand their ways and I may get frustrated and angry and depressed at times but I know I have someone I can turn to that will always have His arms open for me.

I’d like to extend some of that love to anyone out there who  may need it.

I won’t have the answer to your problem and I won’t give any advice. What I will do is promise to add you to my prayer list and ask God to come into your life in whatever way you need Him to be there. Or ask him to be in the lives of someone you love. I will even post a comment in the form of a sincere, heart-felt prayer for whatever you need.

So leave me a comment about something you would like prayer for. If it’s too personal and you don’t want to post a comment, then please use the Contact Me (under the About Shay link) and I will reply to you in prayer as well as adding you to my prayer list.

This isn’t going to be a debate of religions or religion vs science (I firmly believe that we can have both in our lives). I won’t tolerate hateful comments and anything other than positive and encouraging ones will be deleted.

Dr Fab 2

Tags: , , , ,

19 Comments on “Can I Pray For You?”

1. jp-shea January 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

awesome idea ; D

2. sarahssundry January 20, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

This is one of my favourite things to do! I love just going on FB and asking if there are prayer requests. What an easy blessing we can give to others! Way to go Shay! I’d love prayer for health in our family. Seems this has been a tough winter. Thanks my friend!
    ~Sarah

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 7:59 am #

Most gracious and mighty God, I come before you and ask that you out a hedge of protection around Sarah and her family as they are battling many illnesses this winter. Give them the strength and love they need to be there for one another and to always keep their eyes on you.

• sarahssundry January 22, 2013 at 7:11 pm #

Thank-you Shay. I am so very grateful for your prayers and your friendship!

3. Char January 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Direction :o) I know Be still and know that I am God… just need a bit more at the moment. Thank you! God bless you!!! ♥

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 8:00 am #

Heavenly Father, I come before you and ask that you shine Your light into Char’s heart so that she will know where You want her to go. Char is such a light to the world, God, and she is open and ready to do Your will.

4. Elizabeth Fais January 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

You can also pray for all those who are suffering, people yo don’t know and may never meet. Sending that kind of love out into the universe works miracles.

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 8:01 am #

We do that as a general prayer every night ❤ We also pray for our leaders and ask for His wisdom to shine through their decisions.

5. dsavannah January 20, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

My mother’s health.

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 7:52 am #

Dear heavenly Father, please wrap your loving and healing arms around dsavannah’s mother as she battles sickness. And please be with the family as they care and support her.

6. Christy West January 20, 2013 at 9:55 pm #

This is awesome Shay! Thanks for asking 🙂 Can you please pray for Linda, Chris, & Michelle for their loss. Also, please pray for Lissa’s husband; that God can help him to overcome what he’s going through and walk on the right path again. I know that Lissa is very strong, but it wouldn’t hurt to pray for her & Hudson too. Thanks, love ya.

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 7:54 am #

Our Lord Father, please be with Linda, Chris, and Michelle for the loss of their father, Jody. I know he’s in heaven right now with Aunt Frankie, Grandma and Grandpa, and cousin Heath and they are all laughing and rejoicing in their new bodies that no longer feel pain. And please be with Lissa’s husband. Soften his heart for you, God, so that he may shine Your light on the world.

7. Inion N. Mathair January 21, 2013 at 1:12 am #

What a beautiful gift to give to someone Shay. We can always use prayer. But most especially, for my mother, Inion’s Nana who has been suffering with her Fibromyalgia as of late. It’s terrible to see someone you love in that kind of pain and are unable to do anything. Her name is: Ginger Mallory. Thank you so much!

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 7:56 am #

Father God, I humbly come before you and ask that you heal Ginger Malloy of her fibromyalgia and if she is seeing doctors, give them the wisdom and grace to help treat her body so that she doesn’t feel pain.

8. Sherry Isaac January 21, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

This so falls in line with my journey through Julia Cameron’s ‘The Artist’s Way’. My pastor pointed out a few years ago that I neglect to pray for myself. Don’t forget to include your worries, needs and gratitude to your prayer list, Shay!

• shayfabbro January 21, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

That’s a great reminder 🙂 I am good about praising Him but not so good asking for stuff.

9. Irina July 20, 2014 at 11:13 am #

After study a few of the blogs inside your wesbtie now, and that i really like your own approach to running a blog. I bookmarked it in order to my save web site listing and will probably be looking at once again quickly. Please check out my web site because properly as well as let me know what you think.