Characters You LOVE to Hate

You know the ones. Characters that you read about that make you want to crawl into the pages and choke the life from them until you kill them deader than dead. Characters that make you want to research medieval torture devices.

Those of you that read the Harry Potter know this character. I seriously wanted her to die more than He-who-Must-Not-Be-Named. From her little tittering laugh, her Pepto-Bismol wardrobe, and yes, even the mewling kittens…my blood pressure is boiling ย just seeing her face!

Anyone read Game of Thrones? Didn’t Sansa character just get under your skin or was it just me? I wanted to slap her silly so many times throughout the series, ground her, take away her dresses, stick her on some remote island with Wildlings. I mean, really, there’s just something about spoiled brats that just get under my skin.

What characters drove you to the point where murder didn’t seem like such a bad idea? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tags: , , , , ,

14 Comments on “Characters You LOVE to Hate”

1. Sherry Isaac March 25, 2013 at 9:29 am #

First character I think of (though I cheat, I never read the books, but gobbled up every episode of the television series) is Nellie Olson from Little House on the Prairie.

• shayfabbro March 25, 2013 at 10:16 am #

Ooooo, she’s a good one!!!!!! It’s funny if you watch interviews with the lady who played her, she STILL gets people that stop her and yell at her for being so mean to Laura. She’s like “I’m not like that in real life! I’m actually very nice!” LOL

• Sherry Isaac March 26, 2013 at 7:50 am #

I know! A credit all around, to Alison’s acting, and the show’s writers and direction.

2. cpbialois March 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm #

For me it was Michelle Tanner on Full House. I mean, the kid was so spoiled no one could move out of the house! Ever! I forgot how much I disliked that character until the wife started watching them on TV again. In retaliation I made her watch Jaws for the first time yesterday. ๐Ÿ˜€

• shayfabbro March 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

That’s one of my favorites! The historic theater here played Jaws last year and I totally missed it. Would have loved to seen it on the big screen

• cpbialois March 25, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

Oh yeah, that’d be so awesome. I saw Jaws 3-D when it first came out. My favs are 1 and 2 by far. Roy Schneider reminds me so much of my dad in both his appearance and character making him my favorite. Quint was a close second. ๐Ÿ™‚

• shayfabbro March 25, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

My fav scene was the scar comparisons. LOL

• cpbialois March 25, 2013 at 8:48 pm #

Oh yeah that was great. I loved Quint’s speech about the Indianapolis. That was the best rewrite in history

3. A.M. Donovan March 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

Blofeld, from the Ian Flemming novels, much worse than the movie character.

• shayfabbro March 25, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

Isn’t is awesome when a writer invents someone that just gets under your skin??!!??

4. Jeyna Grace March 25, 2013 at 6:52 pm #

Umbridge; loathed. Sansa; hated but grown to like. After reading the books, I understood Sansa more, and I couldnt hate a 12 year old being childish, cause she is a child after all.

5. gerryblack March 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

Samwise Gamgee for me was a whining git until the end when he saves Frodo, but for 2/3 of the book I was disliking him.

6. Liv Rancourt March 26, 2013 at 8:54 am #

For the last couple years the principle at my daughter’s middle school bore a striking resemblance to Dolores Umbridge. Am SO glad we’ve moved on to high school! As for characters I love to hate…how ’bout Debbie Pelt in the Sookie Stackhouse books? She had no redeeming virtues and little in the way of motivation except plain selfishness and nastiness. Her younger sister was worse.

• shayfabbro March 26, 2013 at 9:03 am #