Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too soon??!!??

During the usual grocery shopping excursion through Wal-Mart, mom and I noticed that they had their Christmas stuff out. I couldn’t help myself. I HAD to look.

At first I was only going to look. No really! Just take a peek. Not actually buy anything. *maniacal cackle* Of course the Christmas lover in me had other ideas 😉

My ex never did outside lights. And while it’s true I never bugged him about it (I’m not really the nagging kind), I always kind of hoped that my exclamations about everyone elses Christmas lights would give him the hint. I even would say things like “Gee, we should do lights one of these years.” And he would say “It’s too much of a pain or our electrical bill would be too much.”  So this year I am going to hang lights on my house by gosh! I got lights and bracket things that I can leave up all year (the brackets not the lights). I even got a buck made of beautiful lights that I will put in my front yard. Oh yeah, and I just might get the matching doe next month.

The shopping extravaganza didn’t stop there, oh no.  I got a gorgeous woodland style tree skirt. My tree (which is the most beautiful tree in the world, by the way) is decorated in woodland style. I bought a couple of adorable ornaments, little rubbery decals to put in my big picture window, and some accessories for my snowy village. I’m telling you guys, this Christmas, my house is going to be amazing!

Too soon for Christmas? Maybe. But I was sure excited about the new stuff I got. made me want to put up my tree and all that already. Of course that would be ridiculous. Maybe next weekend though… 😉

What about you guys? Do you go all out for Christmas? I’d love to hear from you!

Tags: , , ,

11 Comments on “Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too soon??!!??”

1. noraadrienne October 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

You think you have problems, that X-mas is coming????? LOL Channukah is an 8 day holiday on which the kids expect something each night… Oh, and the first night is on Nov. 28th.. So I’ve got way less time then you do, and I have 9 grandchildren.

• drshaywest October 7, 2013 at 7:46 pm #

Oh my goodness! That’s some serious shopping!!!!! LOL

2. savmcfarland October 7, 2013 at 5:04 pm #

Are you going to post pics of your lovely lit home?

• drshaywest October 7, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

Absolutely!!! I truly love my tree. Got it 1/2 price a few weeks before Christmas two years ago (it was the display tree). It’s got two or three different kinds of needles, pine cones, pre-lit, AND it spins! Seriously. Damn thing spins around like a pine ballerina 😀

• savmcfarland October 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

Oh my gosh. That is an amazing tree. I can’t wait to see! Spinning. Too cool.

• drshaywest October 8, 2013 at 4:38 pm #

And it’s not spinny like Doctor Who evil bombs in tree. It’s a safe spinny 😉

• savmcfarland October 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

Oh good. I was wondering, but I didn’t want to offend the tree.

3. Robert "Sharky" Pruneda October 9, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

I was shopping at Lowe’s over the past couple of weeks and noticed this weekend that they took down all of the Halloween decorations and already replaced them with the Christmas stuff. Wow! LOL!

• drshaywest October 9, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

That’s juts not right, getting rid of Halloween stuff already!

4. februarygrace November 14, 2013 at 8:25 am #

What an awesome post, I am so glad you are doing this. I’m decorating less this year I think, we’ll see… Your post is inspiring even though we don’t have a whole house to light up! 🙂

• drshaywest November 14, 2013 at 8:28 am #

My sisters, brother-in-law, and niece are going to help 😀 I can’t wait!