Favorite Childhood Books

Now that my niece is devouring books, I find myself wanting to share my favorite books with her in the hopes that she will live them as much as me. One in particular popped into  my head this evening (no idea why) and I might have to get it for her one of these Christmases LOL

It was a unique book, maybe the only one of its kind. It was called Masquerade and was written by Kit Williams. The book, filled with gorgeous and intricate pictures, was really a treasure book! Within the pages was everything a reader needed to know to find the treasure: a jewel-encrusted golden rabbit.

Masquerade-book

You can still get the book on Amazon but there’s another book you’ll come across when doing an Amazon search. The book that contains the answer to the riddle. Someone found the treasure long ago, which is a bummer since my sisters and I totally had plans to find it. 😉

What were some of your most memorable and favorite childhood books?

Tags: , , , , ,

12 Comments on “Favorite Childhood Books”

1. cpbialois July 7, 2014 at 8:10 pm #

Goofy and the Pirate Treasure was my favorite by far. I hope to find it at a thrift store at some point instead of paying $88 for a copy. lol

• drshaywest July 8, 2014 at 9:31 am #

Oh yes, that’s a bit steep LOL

• cpbialois July 8, 2014 at 3:36 pm #

Yeah, but one day I will have it again! Just need to win the lottery first. lol

2. Sheilagh Lee July 7, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

my favourite was What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge and of course all the Little house series books

• drshaywest July 8, 2014 at 9:31 am #

I think my sister has the Little House books we had as girls so she can give them to Josie ❤ I loved those 😀

3. blazemcrob July 7, 2014 at 10:54 pm #

I feel kind of silly with this one. I never read children’s books until I had children. Anything written by Poe, Hemingway, or Steinbeck was my cup of tea. For Whom The Bell Tolls was my favorite book. The Old Man And The Sea was second. I was not allowed a childhood, long story, but I wrapped myself in the beauty of words.

Blaze

• drshaywest July 8, 2014 at 9:32 am #

LOL I can see that about you. I didn’t read a lot of the typical stuff girls read. Mostly Piers Anthony and Stephen King but there were those few that were typical kids books that I enjoyed and still do (just read the Phantom Tollbooth for about the 100th time not too long ago)

• blazemcrob July 8, 2014 at 1:15 pm #

I’m so old that Stephen King hadn’t published anything by then. Come to think of it, he and I are the same age I believe.

Blaze

4. Susan July 8, 2014 at 6:40 am #

My favorite childhood book was “David and the Phoenix”. About a boy who climbed a mountain near his new home and discovers a very interesting Phoenix that lives up there and takes him on several adventures. Still available on Amazon I think. I bought it for my own grandkid and he loved it.

• drshaywest July 8, 2014 at 9:33 am #

That sounds like an awesome book!!! Probably something I’d enjoy reading now LOL

5. audrey July 10, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

Favorite childhood book for me was ‘The Rough-Faced Girl’ by Rafe Martin. Kind of a Native American retelling of Cinderella. The illustrations were beautiful and I remember reading it to pieces. :]

• drshaywest July 11, 2014 at 5:24 pm #

I’ve never heard of that one! Might have to get it for my niece 😀