My Aha Moment!

Imagine my surprise when I was contacted by a representative of Mutual of Omaha’s “My Aha Moment” to ask if I would share an Aha! moment from my life. I really thought about what I could possibly use that people would be remotely interested in hearing about. One event kept coming to the forefront of my mind so I decided to go with it. I guess it turned out pretty good (but I always think I sound like a dork when I hear my own voice):

Many thanks to the folks at Mutual of Omaha for allowing me to share my story and my Aha! Moment 🙂 Who knows, maybe you guys will see me on TV some day!!

Tags: , , , , ,

10 Comments on “My Aha Moment!”

1. blazemcrob August 13, 2014 at 7:17 pm #

How cool is this! Love it! Way to go, my friend.

Blaze

• drshaywest August 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm #

I was pretty stoked they asked me to come down for the taping of the show. There were a lot of really neat people they interviewed 🙂

• blazemcrob August 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm #

You did a lot better than what I would have done. That’s for sure. Kudos to my little buddy!

Blaze

2. Chrys36 August 13, 2014 at 8:20 pm #

I love this! You’ve come such a long way from those partying days, and no less fun to hang out with. 🙂

3. MaryKate August 13, 2014 at 8:37 pm #

That was wonderful, Shay! What a great story to share 🙂

4. audrey August 13, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Thanks for sharing such a personal story for your aha moment! :] I avoid the party scene but I’m always mournful of the people who get stuck in that lifestyle. I’m glad you made the choice that you did and now the world has an awesome professor and author. 😀

• drshaywest August 14, 2014 at 7:10 am #

Thanks for those kind words! I’m glad I managed to get out of that life style too!

5. jamiebmusings August 14, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

Congrats, Shay! 🙂 That was great!