Who’s Your Favorite Game of Thrones Character?

Just received Game of Thrones season 4 in the mail yesterday and am nearly finished watching it this afternoon. This is n’t a show I can watch slowly. I hit the remote like some sort of lab rat in search of food or a shot of cocaine. But I can quit anytime. Really I can…*twitch*

Tyrion

When I got to the episode of Tyrion’s trial, my heart sank, knowing what was coming, the betrayal by one who he loved and trusted. Even having read the book (several times through actually) and knowing what was coming, it still hurt. Tyrion is my favorite character and has been from the beginning. Each chapter where Tyrion lived brought me so much joy. I can only hope that he continues to the very end of the books.

Tyrion isn’t the only one I like, of course, just my favorite. I enjoy reading about Arya’s journey and adore Daenarys. And even Jamie Lannister grew on me in the last couple of books.

Who is your favorite character/characters in Game of Thrones and why do you relate to them? I will pick a random commenter Wednesday, the 25th to receive a free e-book copy of my urban fantasy novel, Organ Reapers!

23365359

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments on “Who’s Your Favorite Game of Thrones Character?”

1. patricksponaugle February 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm #

Oh, this is unfair, since my favorite character is in Book Five, and the show hasn’t gotten their yet.

But I’ll pick Davos the Onion Knight as my favorite, since everyone goes with Arya, Tyrion, or Dany (and sometimes Jon.)

• drshaywest February 20, 2015 at 3:35 pm #

You can pick whoever you want, book or show!!!! 😀

And Davos is super awesome!

• patricksponaugle February 20, 2015 at 3:37 pm #

If I can pick from all the books, it would be Prince Quentyn Martell of Dorne, even though I doubt anyone else would find him a favorite, but GRRM sucked me into the story of the uncharismatic Dornish Prince.

• drshaywest February 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm #

And maybe we’ll see more of him in future book! 😀 I need to re-read Dance since it’s been a long time since I’ve read it

• patricksponaugle February 20, 2015 at 3:42 pm #

Let me know when you’ve re-read Dance, then I can respond to the first part of your sentence…

2. Leona February 20, 2015 at 4:51 pm #

My favorites are Tyrion for his immense wits and Jaqen H’ghar cause he’s awesome and enigmatic. I have a soft spot for genius loud mouths and enigmatic and handsome assassins 🙂

• drshaywest February 21, 2015 at 9:51 am #

Ooooooo, Jaqen H’ghar!!!!! *claps hands* He’s such an awesome character! I really hope Arya runs into him again

3. blazemcrob February 20, 2015 at 7:08 pm #

Bad Blaze! I have neither read the books or watched the series. The only thing I’ve watched on the tube for about 5 years is the weather channel. One of these days I’ll catch up with these things. 😀

Blaze

• drshaywest February 20, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

The books are spectacular and the series almost as much. Books are always better in my opinion 😉

• blazemcrob February 20, 2015 at 8:41 pm #

Books are always better!

Blaze

4. drshaywest February 24, 2015 at 2:03 pm #

A random # generator picked patricksponaugle as the winner of Organ Reapers!!! 😀